Looking Back - December 20 edition
n Dunsmore School’s under 15s rugby team was very successful.
When this picture was taken in the 1964-65 season the Ashlawn Road youngsters had gone 19 games unbeaten.
The photograph belongs to Barry Essex, who is third from the right on the front row.
He thinks the team went the whole season of 25 games without being beaten, scoring nearly 1,000 points and conceding only 75.
He can’t find any confirmation of this, so if anyone can remember or has the records, please get in touch.
The players were (back row from left): Chris Griffin, Paul Merry, Adrian Towers, Greg Vigars, Bob Brown, Gordon Brown, Dave Kemp, Phil McGuire and Geoff Timms.
And in the front row: Bob Sheridan, Jeff Jackson, Pete Watts, Ray Watts, Graham Heaton, Barry Essex, John Keen? and Pete Valentine.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South