n With all the talk in recent weeks about the demolition of Holy Trinity Church, Gordon Shaw brought in this picture of the Regency Swimming Baths in Regent Place, the day it was demolished in 1974. The baths were built in 1932.
Coincidentally Ivor Billingham, who now lives in Grantham, has been in touch to ask if anyone knows what happened to the swimming trophies which all the local schools used to compete for at the baths in the early 1950s.
These included the Albert White Shield, a team event, Elliot Belt, Flint Cup and the Hunter Cup, awarded to the best swimmer at St Matthews School, which he was delighted to win one year.
Can anyone help?