This week’s picture, from the Advertiser archives, shows Long Lawford Rugby Football Club in 1890.
The photo originally belonged to David Hyam of Hillmorton. Mr Hyam’s grandfather, Albert Edward Lissamer, is the captain holding the ball.
The picture was taken at the back of the Sheaf and Sickle in Long Lawford.
For the second picture, showing children from St Oswald’s School in Lawford Road, see the current edition of the Rugby Advertiser.