LOOKING BACK - September 1 edition extra

The classroom scene recreated 57 years on

The classroom scene recreated 57 years on

Elborow School reunion - 57 years on

Former pupils of Elborow School, which existed from 1707-1960, met up and returned to the classroom recently to re-take an image from 1959. (We featured the original picture in our February 4 edition of Memory Lane).

The original picture of the four from 1959

The original picture of the four from 1959

From left to right in both photos are Bob Hargie, Eric Kinninmonth, Howard Trillo and John Cooper.

They are looking at the Elborow ‘Victor Ludorum’ Cup for athletic prowess donated by the Rev. A. Dalby in 1902, and won by Bob on Sports Day, 1959.

As we mentioned in an earlier issue, Howard is writing a new history of the school and would still like to hear from anyone else who has memories to share in the book.

If you can help, please get in touch with Memory Lane.