A boy has suffered serious burns after coming into contact with an electricity cable over the railway in Rugby while playing with friends.
The incident happened at the railway depot in Hunters Lane. West Midlands Ambulance Service was called shortly before 9.55pm last night (Tuesday).
Two advanced community paramedics, a paramedic area support officer and an emergency doctor attended in rapid response vehicles, along with an ambulance crew.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The teenage boy was reportedly playing with friends when he came into contact with an overhead cable.
“He had serious burns to his neck and slighter burns to his shoulders and feet. His burns were treated and dressed at the scene. “He was taken to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire.”
The boy was in a stable condition when treated at the scene.