It takes courage to set up a business when times are as tough as they are – which is why we’re honouring the Newcomer of the Year at the Rugby Business Excellence Awards.
The town’s premier business event takes place on Friday June 7, honouring the best companies in town.
And one of the awards on the night will go to the young business that has most impressed our judges.
If you think your company has what it takes to beat the competition, we’d love to hear from you. The judges are looking for the following:
1) An explanation as to why your product or service is unique, identifying the gap in the market it fills.
2) A demonstration of customer satisfaction and retention, and how you are perceived by your nearest competitor in your industry sector.
3) Details of how your business contributes to the wider economy of the town.
4) What training programmes you provide for new and existing employees.
5) Your financial and growth strategies for the next three to five years.
Finally, tell us why you think you should win the award in 40 to 50 words.
The category is open to anyone with management control of a company they have established in the past five years, and is sponsored by Rugby Borough Council. Cllr Heather Timms, portfolio holder for economy development and culture, said: “We are proud to continue to sponsor the category. The council recognises the importance of the formation of new and successful businesses for the future of Rugby’s economy. This category is an excellent way to celebrate one of those local entrepreneurs that have taken the plunge and started a new businesSs venture – creating businesses that are growing and have bright futures.”
The awards ceremony is held at the Dunchurch Park Hotel. Tickets are available for just £40 plus VAT. Please reserve your places soon as space is limited this year. For an information pack, contact Ginny Hunter at the Advertiser on (01788) 539999 or call into our office at 2 Albert Street, Rugby. Entries can also be emailed to email@example.com and must follow criteria guidelines.