Family rescued from burning house in Rugby

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house fire in Rugby during the early hours of yesterday morning (Sunday).

A 999 emergency call was received at 3.27am on Sunday to a house fire in Curie Close, Rugby.

Three fire crews attended and confirmed that a two storey house was alight.

Two people who were inside the house were taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation. Firefighters also rescued a dog from inside the house.

It is believed the fire started from a candle.

The Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service attended and firefighters were on the scene for around 90 minutes.