The 13th Crick Boat Show & Waterways Festival will run across four days in June to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The show, from June 2 to 5, is expected to attract 25,000 visitors, and is organised by Waterways World in partnership with British Waterways and Crick Marina.
Crick Boat Show offers a fantastic day out for all the family with boat trips, live music, children’s entertainment, food and drink stalls, competitions, food demonstrations, evening ghost tours, seminars and over 200 exhibitors, from boat builders, waterway accessories and services to arts, crafts, holidays and gourmet food specialists.
Live entertainment in the show’s Real Ale Marquee will include music from ‘The Bachelors’ and Isla St Clair.
Peter Johns, Publisher of Waterways World and Show Director, says: “We are looking forward to a fantastic longer Crick Boat Show in 2012, which coincides with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
“Crick Boat Show will be the only national inland waterways event in 2012 so the Kingfisher Boating Marquee and marina will be filled with exciting new waterway products and services and special show offers. All the usual Crick favourites will be there, including plenty of boats to view and boating equipment. We are also booking some more high profile acts for our entertainment programme, providing extra moorings and camping pitches and some special Diamond Jubilee themed activities.”
The Show is open from 10am till 6pm every day except Tuesday 5 June, when it closes at 5pm. Tickets can be bought in advance, saving up to 25 per cent on gate prices. Entry is free for under 5’s.
For more information visit www.crickboatshow.com, call the ticket hotline 01283 742972 or visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/crickboatshow
Crick Boat Show Facts & Figures
· 13th Crick Boat Show – first held in 1999
· Over 25,000 visitors expected to attend
· 250 exhibitors
· 32,000m2 exhibition space
· Over 20 food stalls and 2 bars
· 20 bands, including The Bachelors and Isla St Clair
· Over 50 boats exhibited, including heritage working boats
· 3 trip boats offering regular trips
· 300 camping pitches
· Special children’s activities including an activity trail, free traditional fairground rides, Punch and Judy, Circus Skills and face painting.
· Ticket prices: Adult tickets are £9 if purchased in advance (£12 on the gate); Children (aged 5 to 16) are £5 (£7 on the gate); Children under 5 are free; Senior Citizens are £7.50 (£10 on the gate); and Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children) are £24 in advance (£32 on the gate). Weekend tickets are also available, giving entry to the show on all four days. Camping and Mooring tickets are available to book
· Show located at Crick Marina, West Haddon Road, Crick, Northants, NN6 7SQ
· Directions by road: From M1 Junction 18, take the A428 towards West Haddon, bypassing the centre of Crick Village.
· Directions by canal: Crick Marina is on the Grand Union Canal (Leicester Line) between bridges 12 and 13; Crick is 5½ miles and seven locks from Norton Junction (on the Grand Union main line), and 17 miles and 10 locks from Foxton Bottom Lock (on the Grand Union Leicester Line).
· Opening times: the Show is open from 10am till 6pm every day except Tues 5 June when it closes at 5pm.
· For more information visit www.crickboatshow.com or call 01283 742972.