Gas explosion blows out windows in Wolston

editorial image

A HOUSEHOLDER was left shaken after a gas explosion in Wolston on Wednesday April 11.

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a house fire in Bennett Court at 5.49pm. On arrival, crews were informed there had been a gas explosion. There was no fire in the property.

It is believed a lighter exploded after being left too close to cooking materials.

A fire service spokesman said: “The resident of the property was very shaken. A number of windows needed to be replaced.”

Two appliances from Rugby attended the scene.