Health professionals are warning about the dangers of heat as temperatures rise into the high 20s.
Dr John Linnane, Warwickshire’s director of public health, said: “While we might all welcome some sunshine, particularly over a summer’s weekend, it is important to remember that there can be some real health risks linked to high temperatures.”
He has issued the following tips to ensure a fun but healthy sunny few days:
- Keep out of the heat – avoid being out between 11am and 3pm when the sun is at its strongest.
- If you do go out, keep in the shade and wear a hat.
- Save any vigorous activity/exercise for cooler parts of the day.
- Make sure you apply sunblock to yourself and others you are responsible for.
- Drink cold drinks regularly.
- Avoid excess alcohol.
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Never leave children, babies or pets in a hot car.
- Check up on people with health problems and also older people.