DCSIMG

Historic pub evacuated after fire

editorial image

editorial image

A historic village pub was evacuated on Saturday night after a cooker caught fire.

The incident happened at the Blue Pig in Hall Road, Wolvey. Two crews from Nuneaton tackled the blaze, which was confined to the kitchen.

The premises was evacuated at about 7.35pm, when the firefighters arrived. They used a hose reel and an extinguisher to deal with the fire. There are no reports of injuries.

Drinkers have supped at the site since the 15th century. It was a main posting house in the time of stagecoaches.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page