DCSIMG

Person rescued from house by firefighters after falling asleep while cooking

editorial image

editorial image

Firefighters broke into a house in Newton last night (Monday) after smoke was reported coming from the building with the owner believed to be still inside.

Crews were called to the incident in The Leys in Newton near Rugby at 10.30pm last night where smoke was coming from the kitchen.

It was believed that the owner had not left the house.

Three fire crews from Rugby and Lutterworth attended.

Firefighters broke into the house and the person inside to safety after they had fallen asleep while cooking.

A pan which had been left on the cooker was also removed from the house.

Firefighters returned to the station at around 11.20pm.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page