Make a difference to your life this New Year by giving up smoking and winning a prize at the same time.
Warwickshire County Council is launching a new competition called ‘eX smoker factor’ today (New Year’s Day).
If your New Year’s resolution is to give up smoking you have the chance to win a prize by submitting blog posts or video diaries your progress.
To help celebrate your new no smoking lifestyle these are the prizes you could win:
· 2 x family tickets for Upton House (National Trust)
· 1 family ticket for Charlecote Park (National Trust)
· A family voucher for Ash End House Children’s Farm
· 4 months’ membership to Lea Marston Hotel health club
· A mid-week 4 ball at Maxstoke Park Golf club
· 4 tickets to Warwick Castle
· Afternoon tea for 2 a Hathaway Team Rooms, Stratford
Councillor Bob Stevens, Portfolio Holder for Health for Warwickshire County Council, said: “As a council we are committed to encouraging as many people as possible in Warwickshire to give up smoking.
“This competition will help in two ways. Firstly by providing people with even more incentive and support to try and stop smoking. Secondly, by sharing the giving up experience, this will motivate others to join in and try to give up too.”
The competition closes on Friday 28 February 2014 and the winning blogs/videos will used to promote National No Smoking Day in Warwickshire (subject to consent).
Full details of the competition and useful hints, tips and links can be found at exsmokerfactor.com/
As well as submitting blogs, Twitter members can tweet about quitting using the #exsmokerfactor and messages will appear on the website.