Land in Hillmorton which has been redundant for more than 30 years could soon be developed.
Planning permission has been granted for 76 new homes to be built on the land off Lower Street, Hillmorton.
The site used to be a ballast pit for gravel before being used as railway sidings.
Richborough Estates applied to Rugby Borough Council (RBC) for planning permission to build 76 new homes on the site. It would include a mix of homes including 13 two bedroom, 22 three bedrooms and 30 with four or more bedrooms.
RBC’s planning committee approved the plans on Wednesday last week.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West