CHILDREN have been hitting the high notes and sun their way into the record books.
Guinnness World Records has confirmed that the world record for the most people signing and singing a song simultaneously has been broken.
The schools that took part in sign2sing were Dunchurch Boughton Junior School in Dew Close and Dunchurch Infants School and Nursery in School Street, Dunchurch. They raised £209.40 for SignHealth.
National charity SignHealth organises the sign2sing record breaker every year and 114,277 pupils and teachers from across Great Britain, including 434 from Rugby, took part in February.
Steve Powell, Chief Executive at SignHealth, said: “We are delighted to have broken the world record for the second year running and we are going to try and beat it again next year.
“We organised the sign2sing event to help raise awareness of deafness and the work we do at SignHealth. It was also a fundraiser for the charity through sponsorship from businesses and a voluntary donation from everyone taking part.”
- Coffee shop and new dress shop open in Swan Centre in Rugby town centre
- Two men injured and arrested after motorbike crashes into a post in Lawford Road
- Man attacked by two men in Lawford Heath
- Rugby’s Jordan Williams wins the title of Mr England 2013
- Road closures in Rugby town centre as roadworks continue
- Man arrested and charged after being seen flashing in Cock Robin Wood in Rugby
- Junction in Bilton is branded a blackspot
- Rugby town centre shop gets boost
- Police officer hit by a car during chase through Rugby town centre
- Man denies performing sex act on himself whilst driving along the M6 near Rugby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east