A mother says her family are lucky to be alive after their car got trapped in a flooded ford near Rugby.
Mariel Murphy and children Jospeh, 6, Hayden, 3, and 18-month-old Gia got stuck in their family car when driving through a ford near Churchover.
The force of the water pinned the car against a bridge.
They were rescue by two workmen just at the point the water was up to their chins.
Speaking from her home this week Mariel said: “We are so lucky to be alive. It just doesn’t bear thinking about.”
**FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THURSDAY’S RUGBY ADVERTISER**
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South