Firefighters were called to help rescue a family stuck in flood water.
Warwickshire Fire Control received an emergency call to a car stuck in flood water at 6pm last night (Thursday).
The vehicle was stuck in the ford between Harborough Magna and Churchover and there were three children and one adult in the car.
The caller had stated that the water was up to the bonnet of the car and was coming into the vehicle.
Two crews from Rugby including the boats and water rescue vehicle attended.
The occupants of the vehicle were rescued by a member of the public prior to the arrival of the fire service and were assisted by crews and checked over by ambulance crews.
A request has been made for the road to be closed.
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service are advising members of the public not to attempt to drive through flood water.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- Rugby warehouse worker stole £30,000 worth of drills to pay back loans
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North