A village pub near Rugby can now be turned into a house, after planning permission was granted.
Last year villagers in Churchover began a campaign to save The Haywaggon in The Green after the owners submitted a planning application to Rugby Borough Council to convert it into a house.
The pub closed and was put up for sale in December last year.
Planning permission to turn it into a detached house was granted by the council on Wednesday last week.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West