A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital yesterday (Sunday) after being thrown from a horse.
Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance (WNAA) was called to the accident, near Hillmorton, Rugby, at around midday.
The woman, 31, was suffering from pelvic and back pain so the WNAA crew administered pain relief and applied a pelvic splint in order to hold the pelvis together and maintain circulation in case of a break.
They then immobilised her and flew her to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire for further assessment and treatment.
The air ambulance said that equestrian incidents made up 9 per cent of all rescue missions attended by WNAA in 2012.
- Coffee shop and new dress shop open in Swan Centre in Rugby town centre
- Two men injured and arrested after motorbike crashes into a post in Lawford Road
- Rugby’s Jordan Williams wins the title of Mr England 2013
- Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me filmed in Rugby as two town winners scoop £500 each
- VIDEO: Special guests welcomed at Benn Hall relaunch
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 14 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 14 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North