Plans to build 89 new homes in Rugby have been appoved by councillors, despite objections from neighbours.
Rugby Borough Council’s Planning Committee welcomed St Modwen Home’s application to develop the site in Leicester Road.
The scheme will provide a range of “much-needed” mixed housing for the borough and includes a park with areas for toddlers and teenagers.
Four objection letters were sent to the council with concerns including parking, noise and impact on houses in Aqua Place. Residents also said it could lead to their road being used as a short cut or ‘rat run’.
At last Wedneday’s meeting, Cllr Matthew Francis, (Cons, Rokeby and Overslade) said: “I have visited the site and it’s not interfering with any of the other properties.
“Additional parking would be an improvement in my opinion and I think it should be approved.”
A report said the development would harmonise with its surroundings and meets the requirements for high quality, inclusive sustainable design. Cllr Carolyn Robbins, (Con, Coton and Boughton), said: “The development won’t make a terrible difference to the scene.”
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- BREAKING NEWS: Rugby councillors give go-ahead to Elliott’s Field Retail Park expansion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North