Rugby police are investigating a fire at a garage in Rugby which they believe was started deliberately.
Officers were called to the premises at Cottage Leap at about 2am on Sunday morning where they believe offenders had cut their way into the property and used an accelerant to start the fire.
A 56 year old man was arrested on suspicion of arson, but has since been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
PC Steve Hill, in the Local Investigations team at Rugby, would like to speak to anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the vicinity on Saturday or Sunday or has any information which would help with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Hill on (01926) 415000 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North