A 38-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of growing cannabis after police officers raided a house in Rugby on Wednesday.
A number of plants believed to be cannabis were seized and removed from the property in Dale Street by officers from Rugby’s Priority Policing Area (PPA) team.
The man was taken into custody and questioned before being released on bail pending further enquiries.
In another raid in Hill Street officers issued a police caution to a man after a number of plants believed to be cannabis were seized from the property.
These incidents happened within Rugby’s Priority Policing Area. Priority policing areas are those where crime is more likely to occur and where Warwickshire Police is focussing their efforts in Nuneaton, Rugby and Leamington Spa under Operation X to further protect people from harm.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- Rugby post office in Albert Street to close for two weeks in June
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west