HEAVY snow throughout the weekend has caused the majority of schools in the Rugby area to close today (Monday).
Many headteachers took the decision to close school last night (Sunday) and this morning a total of 44 schools were closed across the Rugby borough.
All schools in town closed on Friday lunchtime as the snow began to fall heavily in Rugby. More snow continued throughout the weekend, turning heavy on Sunday.
There were reports of lorries getting stuck on Leicester Road last night near the Kipling roundabout.
Gritters worked throughout the night to try and clear the rounds in time for rush hour this morning.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West