Philip Collett and his trusty tractor are going on a road trip in memory of his late father.
Philip will drive his classic Ford 4600 tractor from John O’Groats to Land’s End in April. The journey, which will take about ten days, will raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. The charity helped Philip’s father Gordon Collett - who was the former Mayor of Rugby and a borough and county councillor - in the last few weeks of his life. Gordon passed away last year.
Philip will carry all the spare parts and tools he needs to get the tractor, which is over 35 years old, to its final destination.
To make a donation visit justgiving.com/Philip-Collett.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- BREAKING NEWS: Rugby councillors give go-ahead to Elliott’s Field Retail Park expansion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North