SHE wanted to tell the world how much she loves her man so Karen Simmonds took it upon herself to propose today (Wednesday) in the middle of a busy supermarket.
Instead of a more traditional ring Karen proposed to her partner of three years Chris Harris with a doughnut ring in the doughnut aisle of Asda in Rugby just after 9am this morning. They were treated to a doughnut and a bottle of champagne from Asda staff, who were all in on the secret.
karen was one of hundreds of women up and down the country who today on February 29, in leap year tradition, will be proposing to their partners.
The couple were surrounded by their family and friend and Asda staff for the proposal.
The Advertiser was also invited along to watch the action.
To see the proposal watch our video and to read the full story and interview with the couple see tomorrow’s (Thursday) Rugby Advertiser.
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Gang attack man unconscious in street
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West