The Bishop of Coventry, the Right Reverend Dr Christopher Cocksworth, has used his maiden speech in the House of Lords to pay tribute to the vital role of women in Warwickshire.
He said: “The Church will need their like to guide its life as our bishops in the future.”
Bishop Christopher spoke about women who work tirelessly and with great skill for the good of their communities.
He began by paying tribute to his “excellent women clergy colleagues who give of themselves with extraordinary dedication to the people of Coventry and Warwickshire”.
Bishop Christopher added: “The common life of Coventry and Warwickshire depends on the leadership of women in every other sphere – in political and civic life, in business activity and public institutions, in the arts and sport, and in the myriad of charities and agencies that care for those in need and raise the quality of our life together.”
- FAREWELL TO DAVID BARBY: more than 400 fill St Andrew’s Church in Rugby in appreciation of priceless antiques expert
- Rugby man scoops £100,000 Health Lottery
- Police carry out traffic operation in Hillmorton
- Rugby’s nearest A&E suffering from ‘toxic overcrowding’
- Rugby warehouse worker stole £30,000 worth of drills to pay back loans
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Rugby
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North