Mystery over furniture shop fire in Somers Road, Rugby

editorial image
0
Have your say

A HUGE fire which destroyed a furniture shop in Rugby may have been caused by a stray firework or Chinese lantern, say police.

The blaze, at Let’s Buy Furniture in Somers Road, burned all stock and records on Sunday, November 5. It is now being treated by investigators as ‘unexplained’.

Some customers are worried about refunds.

Diane Shaw has telephoned the helpline issued by the business every day but had no reply.

“I parted with £220 cash as a deposit on some dining room chairs,” she said.

“It’s nearly Christmas and I want to know what’s happening.”