A BABY boy from Brinklow died of meningitis just a few hours after being checked over in hospital.
Eleven-month-old Aiden Cross was discovered unconscious in bed by his mother Tina Ward at their home in Great Balance.
He was pronounced dead in hospital shortly afterwards.
An inquest in Leamington heard that Aiden died of meningitis and sepsis (blood poisoning) last April.
Coroner Sean McGovern recorded a verdict of death by natural causes.
Tina and Aiden’s dad Jonathan Cross had taken their baby to the accident and emergency department at Coventry’s University during the night because they were worried about his high temperature.
Dr Chintan Shah saw Aiden at 1.45am and said he had shown no signs of suffering from meningitis.
The inquest was told how his mother had woken up to find her son lying unconscious beside her in bed.
Jonathan had taken him out of bed to change his nappy and then laid him in the couple’s bed beside his mum at 7.30am.
An ambulance took them to University Hospital where doctors confirmed his death at 9.30am.
The inquest heard Aiden had meningococcal disease which led to meningitis and sepsis.