People walking past the scene of Saturday night’s explosion in Rugby are being urged to take care – especially if walking with a dog – in case any shards of glass got missed in the clear-up.
Fire crews were called out just before 10.15pm on Saturday after reports of a fire following sounds of an explosion at a bungalow in Badby Leys, Rugby.
Two crews from Rugby attended and found the whole property on fire.
They used hose reels and jets to extinguish the flames.
There were no injuries, with the occupier believed to be away.
Borough councillor Bill Lewis said today, Monday: “The county council swept up most of the glass but there may be some which has been missed. Anyone walking dogs along there should be careful especially crossing over the grass verges.”