Rugby firefighters called to blaze at Olde Coach House pub in Ashby St Ledgers

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a village pub where a neighbouring building was on fire.

Seven fire engines, including crews from Rugby, attended the fire at the Olde Coash House in Ashby St Ledgers, just off the A361 near Kilsby.

The roof of the staff accommodation house - next door to the pub - was badly damaged in the blaze.

The fire involved a large bin which spread to the roof of the building.

It is thought the fire was accidental and could have been caused by a cigarette which was put in the bin.

The manager of the pub has stressed that the pub will be open as normal from tonight (Monday).