Three dogs rescued from a bungalow fire in Rugby

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a bungalow in Rugby this morning where three dogs were trapped inside.

Crews were called to Orlando Close, Rugby this morning at 8.10am where firefighters found an outbuilding on fire and smoke pouring out of the bungalow.

The fire service was alerted to the blaze by a neighbour who told fire control the dogs were trapped inside.

Before firefighters arrived however, two men had entered the bungalow and rescued the dogs.

Watch commander Brian Littler said: “When we arrived there was a thick black plume of smoke coming from the bungalow.

“The outbuilding was well alight, however, we could see that the dogs were safe and so we had to act quickly to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the property. Whilst I would like to commend the brave actions of the people who rescued the dogs, our advice would always be to get out, stay out and call the fire brigade out.

“Firefighters have now carried out a home fire safety check in the property and installed two smoke alarms. Although the outbuilding has been completely destroyed by fire, thanks to the quick action of the firefighters, the rest of the property, once secured should be habitable, so that the residents can return home.”

Two appliances from Rugby and one from Southam were in attendance. The Fire and Emergency Support Service were also in attendance to provide the residents with advice and support on what to do after a fire.