CAWSTON Parish Council has raised concerns about the expansion of the estate which could lead to hundreds of new homes being built.
Revised plans have been submitted to Rugby Borough Council (RBC) to build 600 new homes to the south of the current Cawston Grange estate.
The original application included a new primary school which has now been removed.
Following discussions at a Cawston Parish Council meeting on Tuesday night, councillors agreed to formally object to the plans.
Raymond Morgan, parish council clerk, said: “We objected to the first set of plans in October last year. Since then the revised plans have been put in and we’re not going to withdraw our objection to it because it contradicts the Rugby Borough Council Core Strategy. RBC has designed various pieces of land for development and this site is not one of them.”
Concerns have also been raised that the 600 new homes, which would have access roads from Coventry Road and Trussell Way, would cause additional traffic on the Cawston estate.
The planning application, submitted by the Cawston Consortium, includes a mixture of two, three, four and five bedroom homes as well as open space and allotments.
Following talks with Warwickshire County Council the proposed school has been taken out of the plans and replaced with more homes.
WCC said that additional places should be provided at the Cawston Grange Primary School and funds will be made available for expansion.
The plans will be discussed at a RBC planning committee later this year.