Here’s what’s going on today as part of Rugby Festival of Culture...
Alexandra Arms Summer Festival Open Mic Night, during which you can enjoy a wide range of talented local musicians - Alexandra Arms, James Street, 7.30pm to 10.30pm, free entry, ages 18+
* Schools Singing Sensation, in which local primary school children celebrate their music-making - Temple Speech Room, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, tickets £4/£2, call (01926) 742360
* Rugby School Tours, offering an opportunity to find out more about a true Rugby institution - Rugby School, 2pm, £6 per person, booking essential on (01788) 556169
* Rugby & District Art Society Exhibition - Rose Tea Rooms, 10am to 4pm, admission free
* Value It/What Is Its Value?, activities and an exhibition of children’s work based on the Pop Art exhibition on show as part of the festival - Rugby Art Gallery and Museum, noon to 5pm, admission free
* The Story Chair, from which you can read your favourite passages - St Andrew’s church and garden, 12.30pm to 1pm, admission free, booking essential for readers, call (01788) 565609
See www.rugbyfestivalofculture.co.uk for the full programme.