Firefighters were called to a block of flats in Hillmorton Road to tackle a blaze at about 10.35pm last night (Sunday).
Two fire engines from Rugby attended the scene. The incident involved a three-storey building approximately 15 metres by 15 metres used as private flats.
The fire was in a ground-floor flat. Firefighters in breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel, small gear, lighting and ventilation. The British Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service crew also attended. There are no reports of casualties.
Earlier on the same day, fire crews were called to a chimney fire in Coventry Road, Marton at 4.32pm. A fire engine from Southam attended. The incident involved a two storey building approximately seven metres by 12 metres and the fire was located in the chimney. A second fire engine was requested to assist with gaining access to the roof, and a crew from Leamington attended. Firefighters extinguished the fire using chimney rods, thermal image camera, 13.5 metre ladder and roof ladder. Crews were on scene for two hours.