When there’s so much pressure on the bottom line, it can be tempting to neglect our responsibilities to the environment.
But it’s in everyone’s interests to keep our planet healthy - and that’s why we’re honouring the Green Company of the Year at this year’s Rugby Business Excellence Awards.
The Green Company of the Year Award is sponsored by SITA UK.
The town’s premier business event takes place on Friday June 7, honouring the best companies in town.
And if you think your company has the green credentials to beat the competition, we’d love to hear from you. The judges are looking for the following:
1) A description of your company’s green initiatives, such as waste reduction, energy saving and reducing your carbon footprint
2) Whether your company takes part in any Government-backed environmental programmes
3) How staff, customers and suppliers are made aware of and/or involved in your green initiatives
4) Testimonials and illustrations of your green initiatives
5) Whether your company has received any accolades for its green initiatives.
The category is sponsored by recycling and resource management company Sita UK. Tim Hughes, its strategic development manager, said: “As a responsible company, we have recognised our role in reducing the impact of our operations on the environment. This means not only managing the way that we operate but also helping our customers manage their waste in a sustainable manner which ensures that it is put to good use.
“Protecting our environment and implementing green practices is key to the success of every business today and tomorrow. We are therefore proud to be the sponsor of this year’s Green Company of the Year award.”
The ceremony is held at the Dunchurch Park Hotel. Tickets are available for just £40 plus VAT. Please reserve your places soon as space is limited this year. For an information pack, contact Ginny Hunter at the Advertiser on (01788) 539999 or call into our office at 2 Albert Street, Rugby. Entries can also be emailed to email@example.com