Patients of Walsgrave and St Cross are being asked to share their stories of outstanding patient care or customer service for an annual awards ceremony.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust is calling for patients and relatives to nominate staff and volunteers at both.
The Outstanding Service and Care Awards (OSCAs) have been run by the Trust for the last eight years, and celebrate the achievements by staff and volunteers.
UHCW chief executive Andy Hardy said: “I am always astounded at the amazing levels of care and dedication displayed by our staff and volunteers, and this is a fantastic opportunity to honour them.
“I’d like to encourage any members of the public who have received outstanding care or service at either of our hospitals in the last 12 months to help us celebrate the staff responsible by nominating them for an award, and telling us how they helped make a difference.”
The categories open for public nominations are:
- Going the Extra Mile; for any member of staff who has gone over and above their role to improve care for patients or relatives.
- Compassion in Care; for a frontline member of staff (e.g. nurse, doctor) or team delivering patient care.
- Behind the Scenes Team or Individual of the Year; for non-clinical staff.
- Innovation or Service Development.
- Promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Leader of the Year.
- Volunteer of the Year.
- Chief Executive Officer’s Award; for an individual or team who has made an exceptional contribution to the Trust.
Patients or members of the public can complete their nomination online at www.uhcw.nhs.uk/osca or they can ask for a nomination form to be posted to them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 024 7696 7617.
Last year’s winners are pictured.