Firefighters were sent to extinguish a blaze at a flat in Rugby yesterday afternoon, Wednesday.
Two crews from Rugby were sent to Empire Court on Avon Street, where they were informed that people may still be inside the building.
A third fire engine was deployed from Southam and crews located the fire in the bedroom of a second floor flat.
A Warwickshire Fire and Rescue service spokesman said the flat “was 100 per cent smoke logged” and that “crews were using hose reels and breathing apparatus to deal with the incident.”
They added that it took firefighters almost an hour to extinguish the blaze.
No one was injured.