Dishwasher fire in Haswell Close

editorial image
Share this article

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a dishwasher fire at a home in Rugby last night (Thursday).

Two fire crews and the emergency support service attended the fire in Haswell Close at 11.55pm where firefighters found the kitchen on fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

A spokesman for the fire service said: “The residents living in the property were given early warning by their smoke alarm and so had been able to evacuate the property safely. Firefighters from Rugby will be out today (Friday) talking to residents in Haswell Close and the surrounding area offering free home fire safety checks.”