Kind-hearted people across Rugby will be working hard to raise money for a good cause tomorrow (Friday).
It’s the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and our readers have been getting in touch to let us know about their fundraising activities.
In case you fancy setting off on a Macmillan Coffee Morning tour (and let’s be honest, why wouldn’t you?) we’ve compiled a list of just some of the exciting events taking place across the borough tomorrow...
- The Fighting Cocks pub on Cymbeline Way, Bilton will be holding a coffee morning from 10am to 12pm. All welcome.
- Mayor of Rugby, councillor Sally Bragg, will judge a Bake Off competition at Professionals in Hair and Beauty on Overslade Lane at 2pm. The cakes are being baked by customers who have all made a £2 donation to Macmillan.
- Staff at the Royal Mail sorting office on Mill Road are holding their own coffee morning. They will also be putting out cakes for customers when they collect their parcels.
- Homemade cakes will be available to buy at Urban Beauty in Rugby town centre from 9am. Staff member Lucy Taylor will also speak to clients between 10am and 11am about the salon’s specialist cancer massage.
- Avon Valley School students are taking part in a House Bake Off competition today (Thursday). The cakes entered into the competition will then be sold in aid of Macmillan tomorrow morning.
- Staff at Cafe Vin Cinq in the town centre are putting on a spread of tea and freshly baked goods from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- Rugby’s MP Mark Pawsey is holding a coffee morning at his constituency office on Castle Mews in the town centre alongside members of Rugby Conservative Association between 10am and 11.30am.
If you’re hosting a coffee morning, we’d love to see your pictures. Email any photos and details about your coffee morning to: firstname.lastname@example.org