Fire in girls’ boarding house at Rugby School

editorial image

A fire broke out in a second-floor bedroom used as a boarding house for girls at Rugby School on Saturday evening.

Firefighters were called to Rupert Brooke House in Horton Crescent at about 6.15pm. Warwickshire Fire & Rescue Service mobilised two fire engines from Rugby.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire. Fire crews were in attendance for 30 minutes. There are no reports of injuries.

Rupert Brooke was created as a boarding house from an original row of four town houses built in the 1860 and 1870s. It opened as a girls’ Sixth Form House in 1988.