Fire in Wolston flat

The fire broke out in a kitchen
The fire broke out in a kitchen
Share this article

Two fire engines attended a blaze in Wolston last night (Tuesday).

Crews received a 999 call at about 7.35pm, alerting them to a fire in the kitchen of a first-floor flat in a two-storey building in School Street.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using a water jet, with water supplied by a nearby hydrant. They also used a thermal image camera. Crews were on scene for approximately one hour.

The cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed. There are no reports of any injuries.