Fundraising day planned to support families of car crash victims

The scene of the incident
The scene of the incident

Friends of three young adults who died in a car crash are organising a fundraising event to help pay for a memorial.

The incident happened around 2.45am on Radford Road, Leamington, near to the junctions of Willes Road and Eastnor Grove on June 20.

Nathan Rhodes, 23, from Southam, Ryan, aged 25 from Stockton and Emily Jennings, aged 27 from Warwick, were all killed when the blue Citroen Saxo they were travelling in collided with a tree and then a wall in the early hours of the morning.

A Facebook group, entitled Fund Raising Day & Memorial Party, has been set up stating: “We are raising funds to enable the families of the three tragic Radford Road crash victims to unite in bereavement and help towards funding of a memorial for Emily Jennings, Nathan Rhodes, and Ryan Case.”

The event, which is due to take place at the football pitches on Newbold Comyn on Saturday August 30, will include a rounders tournament with people being invited to put teams of ten together with a fee of £5 per player.

There will also be a free barbecue, an open air disco, a bouncy castle, face painting, sweets, drinks and stalls.

The organisers are also appealing for businesses, bands and musicians to support the event.

Visit for more information.

There will also be a music night at the Assembly in Leamington in the evening, from 7pm.

Tickets are £6 on the door.

A Football match in honour of Nathan is being held on Friday August 14.

Stockton’s 2014 cup winning squad and Bishops Itchinton’s 2015 league winning squad will face each other at Stockton Football Club’s ground. Kick-off is at 6.30pm,

There will also be a raffle with prizes including a family ticket to a Leamington FC home game and England and West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster’s signed gloves.

All money raised will be donated to StreetLeague and Lighthouse Club – chosen by Nathan’s family.

The man arrested after the fatal car crash on Willes Road, has had his conditional bail date extended.

The 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and driving under the influence of alcohol.

Police and paramedics were on scene for several hours following the incident, and the road was closed for several hours while investigators examined the scene to determine the cause of the collision.