Visitors to Rugby’s Hospital of St Cross had to be been turned away from a ward due to an outbreak of norovirus.
A concerned relative was desperate to see her mother at the Barby Road hospital for nine days.
She said Oak Ward was closed to visitors and new admissions due to the bug, which causes sickness and diarrhoea.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “Patients have been kept on the ward and have been refused visitors all this time for more than a week.
“I am unaware if any other ward has been affected by this. My mum is on the ward – I rang them today but I am still unable to visit.”
She was told the ward would open again on Wednesday this week.
“I’m surprised that the media hadn’t been alerted to the outbreak before now,” said the woman.
“I had been waiting for Central News to inform the public!”
She said the hospital should keep the public more informed.
But Sarah Conlon, communications manager at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, said updates are available online.
“The closure was put up on our website but we do appreciate not everybody has access,” she said.
“Oak Ward is now open again and has been highly cleaned.”
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus and the most common infectious cause of diarrhoea and vomiting in the UK.