Male rescued from fire in Long Lawford

editorial image

Firefighters rescued a person from a blaze in his house in Long Lawford this morning (Tuesday).

Fire crews were called just after 2am today to reports of a house fire at Outram Avenue. Two fire appliances from Rugby and one from Binley were sent to the scene.

The crews confirmed that a fire had been located in a ground floor kitchen and that one “male person” had been rescued by the fire service. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel. Once the fire had been extinguished, crews then ventilated the property of smoke using a specialist fan.

The casualty has been transferred to hospital by ambulance suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.