Thatched cottage on fire in West Haddon

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a village home this morning (Tuesday) which was on fire.

Four crews of firefighters from across the area were all called to the blaze which started in a storage room at 5.15am.

The fire was confined to a storage room which house the boiler, which was severely damaged by fire.

Smoke filled the rest of the house and there was also slight water damage to the ground floor. There was also some damage to the roof, caused by an operation to cut away to ensure the fire did not spread to the thatch roof.

The cause was an electrical fault and the property had smoke detectors which operated.